For a PDF Format Parade Application and Narrative Click Here!
The Selah Bands, Drill Team and Float are not Judged in our Parade!
SELAH COMMUNITY DAYS FESTIVAL
PARADE RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Entrants must observe all applicable rules and regulations and follow all instructions from police or parade officials. The Selah Community Days Association and the Parade Committee reserve the right to remove any entrant from the parade either prior to assembly, at assembly or at any time during the parade.
2. The Selah Community Days Association and its Parade Committee reserve the right to withdraw any unit of which the costume or performance does not meet these rules and regulations, or does not conform to the standards of reasonable community taste and decency.
3. Floats, or any other units, advocating, opposing or depicting any social or religious issues are subject to approval of the Selah Community Association Parade Committee.
4. Entries that do not fully comply with the rules and regulations, jeopardize future invitations to the Selah Community Days Festival Parade.
5. Entries wishing to be judged other than Bands and Drill Teams most be in the staging area by 8:00am. The staging area is on ( 1st Street). You most move out of the Junior high School Parking lot as soon as Possible onto into stageing area! You will be told where to go! See Parade map Here!
The judges start at the front of the parade and move to the end! The judges only have time to so threw the entries one time! So if your entry is towards the front you should to be in place on early!
Remember the Junior high School Parking lot is only a gathering place for your Group.
5A. New Band Information: Band Directors Please have the bus pull into the Junior high School Parking lot and check in at the table as you pull into the parking lot. You will be given your parade number, when you are ready walk out on the 1st street staging area. A parade person to tell you where to go.
After the band members are off the bus go to the end of the parade. Go back up the road to Goodlander Rd stoplight and turn right and go down to the stoplight and turn right on to North Wenas and go through the next two traffic lights. Go to the police in the road and go into the fenced area behind the R & Q! This is the same area as it has been in for many years except for last year.
Things my change again this year?
One other thing that is important is that you make sure at the band is playing music as you go by the first announcer stand before the first stoplight. This is the key to getting a good score!!
See map Here!. This is a trial year to see if this works!
6. The Parade Committee's decision regarding all entrants, their eligibility, placement and judging is final.
7. Entries are by invitation only and must be pre-registered. No walk ins or drive ins will be accepted on the day of the Parade.
8. Applications received after the entry May 13, 2013 deadline, You my not be eligible for judging or awards and will in most cases be put at the back as the last entry in the parade.
9. Parade participants may not mingle with or accost parade spectators.
10. No water is permitted in the parade, in conjunction with floats or otherwise, except with permission of the Selah Community Days Association Parade Committee.
11. Alcoholic beverages are forbidden on any float, vehicle or on the person of any parade participant. No profanity is allowed along the parade route or within the assembly areas.
12. No materials (candy etc.) will be thrown along the parade route. Walkers my hand out candy to parade spectators with permission. Distribution of gifts, merchandise, literature or any other material is prohibited, except with permission of the Selah Community Association, Parade Committee.
13. Only forward movement maneuvers are permitted along the parade route. A spacing of 40 feet between each unit will be enforced. All units are required to open or close the gap between units when asked to do so by parade officials.
14. All equestrian units or other units with live animals, Must provide their own clean up crew. The Crews must pick up dropping in the staging area as well as in the Parade! Have them push a Wheel Barel with a broom and shovel! A award will be presented in this division. See the Super Pooper Scooper registration
15. Political candidates, political organizations, commercial businesses, and any for profit organization will be charged a $50.00 entry fee. Contributions made to Selah Community Days Association may be applied toward this entry fee at the discretion of the Selah Community Days Association Board upon the request of the applicant.
16. All vehicles with an engine or motor and all units having living animals, including equestrian units, must provide evidence of insurance for bodily injury and property damage with a combined single limit of $300,000 or split limits of $250,000 each person and $500,000 each occurrence bodily injury liability and $100,000 property damage liability.
A Certificate of Liability Insurance must be provided with, Selah Community Days Association, City of Selah and the Washington State Highway Dept. named as additional insured and have them put the name of the group etc. on the certificate. This certificate of insurance must be received with your entry application. The certificate of insurance has to come from your Insurance company! And the prices my be different from the one's above? (It is Not the insurance identification card you carry in your car!) Have them mail it to Selah Community Days Association, Parade, P. O. Box 783, Selah, WA 98942.
17. The Selah Community Days Association does not accept the responsibility for traveling expenses, food, lodging or any other expenses of the parade entry.
CONTACT PARADE CHAIRMAN WITH QUESTIONS!
Counters provided by Andale 1709